SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 1986
GOVERNMENT OF THE PEPOLE’S REPUBLIC OF BANGLADESH
MINISTRY OF ESTABLISHMENT
Dhaka, the 13th February, 1986
No. S. R. O. 54-L/86/ME (Regn-V)RR-12/86.In pursuance of the proclamation of the 24th March, 1982, and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the president, after consultation with the Bangladesh Public Service Commission, is pleased to make the following rules, namely :
THE BANGLADESH CIVIL SERVICE (EXAMINATION FOR PROMOTION) RULES, 1986.
1. Short title: These rules may be called The Bangladesh Civil Service (Examination for Promotion) Rules, 1986.
2. Definitions: In these rules unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context.
(a) “Cadre-post” means the post specified in the Schedule II to the Bangladesh Civil Service Recruitment Rules, 1981;
(b) “Candidate” means a candidate for the examination;
(c) “Commission” means the Bangladesh Public Service Commission;
(d) “Examination” means an examination required to be conducted for the purpose specified in clause (b) of the proviso to rule 5 of the Bangladesh Civil Service Recruitment Rules, 1981;
(e) “Service” means a Service specified in Schedule I of the Bangladesh civil Service Recruitment Rules, 1981.
3. Conduct of examination:
(1) The Commission shall conduct an examination for promotion of the members of a service to the Modified New Scale of Pay of Taka 2800-4425 and such examination shall be conducted twice in a calendar year:
Provided that there shall be an interval of at least five months between the two examinations and they shall preferably be held in the months of February and August.
(2) The examination under sub-rule (1) shall be held at Dhaka, Chittagong , Rajshahi and Khulna:
Provided that if, in the opinion of the commission, the number of the candidates at any particular place does not justify the holding of examination there, the examination may be held at any other place mentioned above as may be decided by the Commission.
4. Schedule of examination:
Schedule of examination showing the date, time, place of examination and such other particulars as may be considered necessary shall be announced by the Commission at least sixty days before the date of the examination through the press and other Information media and copies of such schedules shall simultaneously be forwarded to Ministries and Divisions controlling the Services.
5. Eligibility, etc.
(1) No officer shall be eligible to sit for the examination unless he has been confirmed and has completed four years of services in the cadre to which he belongs.
(2) A candidate may sit for all the three subjects specified in rule 7 at a time or for any less number of subjects in an examination.
(3) No officer shall be allowed to take part in more than one examination in a calendar year and in total more than three examinations within a period of nine years of his service in the cadre.
(4) An officer failing to pass in all the three subjects within the period of ninth year of his service in accordance with the provisions of the preceding sub-rules may appear in three more examinations in successive three years after a gap of two years from the date commencing after his ninth year of service and, in case of his failure in these examinations, he shall not be allowed any further chance to appear in any examination.
6. Submission of application:
(1) A candidate shall submit his application for an examination to the Ministry or Division controlling the Service to which he belongs complying all such requirements as may be determined by the Commission.
(2) The concerned Ministries and Divisions shall furnish a list of eligible candidates to the Commission, showing their subject and place of examination, at least fifteen days before the date of holding the examination along with applications complete in all respects.
7. Subjects of examination:
(1) There shall be three papers for written examination on the following subjects, namely :-
(a) one paper on Bangladesh and current affairs;
(b) one paper on Laws, Rules and Regulations applicable to all Government offices; and
(c) one paper on matters relating to the functions of the members in their respective cadre.
(2) Details of syllabus for each paper shall be prescribed by the Government issued, by order, in this behalf from time to time.
(3) Each paper shall be of one hundred marks to be answered within three hours duration.
(4) The minimum pass marks shall be fifty percent in each paper.
(1) An officer failing to pass the examination in accordance with the preceding rules may, notwithstanding anything contained in clause (b) of the proviso to rule 5 of the Bangladesh Civil Service Recruitment Rules, 1981, be promoted to the Modified New Scale of Pay of Taka 2800-4425 on completion of fifteen years of service.
(2) An officer promoted under sub-rule (1) may be further promoted to the modified New Scale of Pay of Taka 3700-4825 on completion of five years of service in the scale to which he was promoted under that sub-rule (1), but he shall not be eligible for further promotion.
(3) An officer shall not be promoted under sub-rules (1) and (2) unless he has satisfactory records of service and his promotion has been recommended by the Special Promotion Committee or the Superior Selection Board, as the case may be, constituted for the purpose.
By order of the President
MD. SHAMSUL HAQUE CHISHTY
সোমবার, এপ্রিল ১১, ১৯৯৪
গণপ্রজাতন্ত্রী বাংলাদেশ সরকার
তারিখ, ১১ই এপ্রিল, ১৯৯৪/২৮শে চৈত্র, ১৪০০
এস, আর, ও নং-১১৭-আইন/৯৪, সম(বিধি-৪)-আরআর-৩৯/৮৮ গণপ্রজাতন্ত্রী বাংলাদেশের সংবিধানের ১৩৩ অনুচ্ছেদের শর্তাংশে প্রদত্ত ক্ষমতাবলে রাষ্ট্রপতি, উক্ত সংবিধানের ১৪০(২) অনুচ্ছেদের বিধান মোতাবেক বাংলাদেশ সরকারী কর্মকমিশনের সহিত পরামর্শক্রমে, Bangladesh Civil Service (Examination for Promotion) Rules, 1986 নিম্নরূপ অধিকতর সংশোধন করিলেন, যথাঃ-
উপরি-উক্ত Rules এর Rule 5 এর-
(K) Sub-rule (3) এর পরিবর্তে নিম্নরূপ Sub-rule গুলি প্রতিস্থাপিত হইবে, যথাঃ-
“No officer shall be allowed to take part in more than one examination in a calendar year.
(3-A) No officer shall be allowed to take part in the examination after completion of his fourteen years service in the cadre.”
(L) Sub-rules (4) এবং (5) বিলুপ্তি হইবে।
গণপ্রজাতন্ত্রী বাংলাদেশ সরকার
তারিখ, ১১ই এপ্রিল, ১৯৯৪/২৮শে চৈত্র, ১৪০০ বাং
এস, আর, ও নং-৩৩০-আইন/৮৯, সম(বিধি-৫)-আরআর-৩৯/৮৮ -গণপ্রজাতন্ত্রী বাংলাদেশের সংবিধানের ১৩৩ অনুচ্ছেদের শর্তাংশে প্রদত্ত ক্ষমতাবলে রাষ্ট্রপতি, উক্ত সংবিধানের ১৪০ অনুচ্ছেদের (২) দফার প্রয়োজন অনুসারে বাংলাদেশ সরকারী কর্মকমিশনের সহিত পরামর্শক্রমে, Bangladesh Civil Service (Examination for Promotion) Rules, 1986 এর নিম্নরূপ সংশোধন করিলেন, যথাঃ-
উপরি-উক্ত Rule এর Rule 5 এর-Sub-rule (4) এর পর নিম্নরূপ Sub-rule (5) সন্নিবেশিত হইবে, যথাঃ-
“(5) Sub-rules (3) and (4) of this rule shall remain inoperative for a period of three years from the date of this amendment.”
( কে, এম, রববানী )